Sharing glimpses and memories for all to enjoy

Verse of the Day

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com
Ron&Linda's items Go to Ron&Linda's photostream

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Roses will Bloom again


This is just one of the rose's that I transferred from R's Dad's house in April after he passed away. Both of R's parents loved roses. In the front yard they had several along the walk way leading to the front door. As we moved everything from the house, I just couldn't leave the roses. So I transplanted five of the plants to my yard. Since it is far passed transplanting time and already very hot here, I wasn't sure any of them would survive. I made sure I kept water on them and watched as they all began to sprout new growth. Then much to my surprise I noticed two tiny little buds on the smallest bush. As two tiny yellow roses appear I am reminded of the song "Roses will bloom again". Thankfully all the plants survived the move and we will be able to enjoy watching them bloom again.

5 comments:

Texas Travelers said...

Great and touching post. I liked it very much.

Have a great week and come visit soon,
Troy and Martha

SandyCarlson said...

What a beautiful legacy. Gorgeous.

Andrea said...

Oh, they are gorgeous. This is a great memorial of your father in law. I am glad they all survived the transplanting.

Paulie said...

And what a nice memory you will have for years to come!

Lilli & Nevada said...

Beautiful roses.Nice U post as well

Here we are

Here we are
Ron and Linda

Followers