Sharing glimpses and memories for all to enjoy

Verse of the Day

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com
Ron&Linda's items Go to Ron&Linda's photostream

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veterans Day 2008

Today we take time to honor and thank those who have served our country in the past and those who are presently serving in our armed services.

My husband has served in the guard for more than 30 years. So today we were are the ceremony and celebration in our states Oldest City, where the Guard has it Headquarters and where my husband spends the majority of his time.

The ceremony began with some area jumpers coming in from the sky to land right on the mark. It was amazing to watch them come in one by one with such precision.
The colors retreat as the ceremony draws to a close.
Local soldiers salute and stand at attention to honor the Flag of the country they serve and are so bravely willing to give their lives to preserve our freedom. As those who attend begin to go about there day a LUH72 Lakota gives a goodbye fly over as they head back home.
I'm not sure how you spent your Veterans Day today, but I hope you take the time today and always to say "Thank You" to those who serve, so that we can enjoy the freedom we have.
"Thank you" to all veterans of all the branches of the armed services!

3 comments:

PERBS said...

What a great celebration! I especially loved the jumper! I wore my red white and blue today. I wrote about it Sunday on my blog with photos of our parade. I wore red,white and blue to church. The whole weekend and today was celebrating Veterans.

Sharon said...

These shots are absolutely awesome. I wish I could have seen it!

Sandy said...

Looks like it was a great event. I had thoughts of trying to go after hearing about it on the video you sent the link to but we're all either "under the weather" or recuperating, so it was better for us to stay home.

Here we are

Here we are
Ron and Linda

Followers