Sharing glimpses and memories for all to enjoy

Verse of the Day

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com
Ron&Linda's items Go to Ron&Linda's photostream

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Skyline Drive

What a blessing to wake up today to clear crisp blue skies.
A perfect day for skyline drive in the Shenandoah National Forest. Here we are on top of the world (at least the mountain).
Then at the end of the day while taking a walk, we literally walked right up to these guys. In the wild not the zoo. This is the only buck we saw, but we saw about 7 does and a couple of fawns. I can't wait to take another walk tomorrow.

10 comments:

PERBS said...

Neat catch of fall on that mountain! Enjoy your time there.

Carletta said...

I've caught up on your last two or three posts. I know you are having a great time. The mountains and Skyline Drive are the perfect place for this time of year.
That buck better stay hidden in the confines of the forest! :)
Lovely photos of the scenery you've been enjoying.

Michele said...

Such pretty colors! What amazing landscape... and wow.. the sky is so pretty blue.
What a wonderful portrait photo of the two of you. Very well done.
The deer photo is awesome... it's so nice to see them in their natural environment.
I'm not sure if I've ever seen them in a zoo before... but I have grown up in the mtns. so long I haven't been to the big big city before.
A truly wonderful post... I am glad I had stopped by!
Have a wonderful week!
~Michele~
Mountain Retreat- Canada

Lissa said...

Man, I'm a little jealous! Well, not like I'd be walking through the forest right now anyway. :) Love the beautiful colors!

Sharon said...

that is a gorgeous shot of you. Do you have your tripod or did someone take it for you? I know you are getting some great shots, can't wait to see them all! :)

Linda said...

We had the tripod. Most of the time R just uses those long arms of his to take one. But they always seem to look the same. So I'm trying to get a view different views.

Rose said...

It did look like the perfect day for a drive!

Mike's Travels said...

Thanks, I enjoyed these photos! Beautiful Autumn.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

L: That is a beautiful buck. He looks very healthy.

Sandy said...

Beautiful shots all! I especially like the shot of you and Uncle R. Very nice. :)

Here we are

Here we are
Ron and Linda

Followers