It's hard to believe it has been seven years since that tragic day in 2001. I can still remember exactly what I was doing when those first planes struck the towers. I had just arrived at work when the news broke, we all ran to the TV in the break room and watched in horror. As I began to watch, I remember that sick feeling that this is not an accident and they need to ground all planes. Then the other plane struck the tower. My husband is in the National Guard, I immediately called him to see if he was aware of the situation. Then we watched in utter disbelief as that first tower collapsed from the damage and then shortly after that the second tower fell. We continued to learn more as a plane went down in Pennsylvania, short of it's intended target due to Americans that refused to let the hijackers win. And we must not forget the Pentagon where even those that work for our freedom weren't exempt from this attack as another plane struck taking more lives. Freedom isn't free, many have given the ultimate sacrifice of their life so that you and I can live and enjoy the freedom we have. May we never forget and always be thankful for those who protect us.
These pictures where taken in 2000 while we were celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary. It was just a little over a year later when the skyline changed so drastically.
I can't remember where I found this picture or who took it. But, it is one of my favorites. The reflection of the sun behind the flag shines through as a cross. It reminds me that no matter what is going on, God is in control and that gives me peace!
7 comments:
Amen and amen
What an awesome post, I love the picture of the flag. In fact I made it my wallpaper for the day.
Oh that is neat that you saw the sun cross on the flag! Thanks for sharing your photos. I have a small remembrance on my blog today also.
Very nice post! I love the picture of the flag too. It was a day we will all remember for a long time.
Nice post. Your pictures are wonderful.
great post and a great tribute
Thanks for the visit and the comment.
All we can dois pray for peace. So simple, yet so elusive.
Post a Comment