Sharing glimpses and memories for all to enjoy

Verse of the Day

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com
Ron&Linda's items Go to Ron&Linda's photostream

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Stages of life






Took these pictures at my Sister's today. She has been watching these caterpillar's weave the cocoons. It is quite fascinating to watch just how hard they work to make the cocoon's. I couldn't believe just how beautiful they are. She said they actually become somewhat transparent and you can see the butterfly as it forms. Soon these will become beautiful Monarch Butterflies!

7 comments:

Paulie said...

How neat! I have never found any cocoons before. . . thanks for sharing!

Michele said...

Oh these are wonderful! I mean really they are. So crisp and clear and you can see water droplets and the stripes on the caterpillar. So pretty! The cocoon is amazing. I'm loving this post! =)

Andrea said...

Great capture of the caterpillar and cocoon. Maybe you can go back and get shots of the different stages.

Kerri Farley said...

WOW! I would love to see these...I'm going to have to go out and look for some!!

Travis said...

Very neat capture. Clear and detailed. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Sharon said...

How awesome! When I found those at the park, I was tempted to bring one home so we could watch it. I figured I better not though.

RamblingWoods2.com said...

That is a wonderful series of photos...

Here we are

Here we are
Ron and Linda

Followers