Sharing glimpses and memories for all to enjoy

Verse of the Day

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com
Ron&Linda's items Go to Ron&Linda's photostream

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

ABC Wednesday

ABC Wednesday "P" is for Patriotism



These picture are of my husband's parents. Both have gone home to be with the Lord. They both were proud of their country and sons that have both served in the armed services. I hope to continue to instill this same sense of patriotism in my children and grandchildren. We all should be proud of our country and remember what it stands for and never be ashamed to salute the Flag or give honor to those who have served and are still serving.

15 comments:

Juliana RW said...

Great photos of your P...It means a lot for you and family....

My P post in here Thanks

Paulie said...

Terrific choice for P! (Nice memory of your folks too!)

photowannabe said...

Amen to that. Nothing more I can add besides great choice for the letter P.

FO - 2 said...

I agree. An important P! :)

Ida

Andrea said...

I think this is a PERFECT and important "P" post.

Pernille said...

Very nice P! And very nice shots too!

Have fun:)

Neva said...

What a nice tribute to your in laws!
Mine are here.
Neva 1
Neva2

Texas Travelers said...

I wish I had thought of this. Best "P" of the day.

"P" is Posted.
Come visit,
Troy

Michele said...

What a wonderful post!! A wonderful tribute indeed!

Petunia said...

Lovely tribute and choice for the P post!

dot said...

I love this post! Patriotism seems to be lost to so many in our country.

Leslie: said...

I think Americans are more openly PATRIOTIC than Canadians, although if you ask any Canadian they will say they would live nowhere else. I do enjoy visiting the USA and have many friends there. Very good entry for today - haven't seen another post on Patriotism, either. :D

Lissa said...

I aspire to do the same. Our kids need to be thankful for the patriots who fought for the freedom we have. Uh oh, I feel the sudden urge to sing: "for I'm proud to be an American..."

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hello RonLin,
Great post and the patrionisme is still exsist, I love this post , your parents did a great job I am sure of that. Its good to be proud of your countrie AND parents both are very important!

Please feel welcome and visit my blog with P from....

JoAnn's D Eyes

mrsnesbitt said...

(Phew! Just catching up having spent a few days away on the motorbike catching some sunshine....sorry I am late)

A lovely moment shared, indeed pride.

Here we are

Here we are
Ron and Linda

Followers