Sharing glimpses and memories for all to enjoy

Verse of the Day

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com
Ron&Linda's items Go to Ron&Linda's photostream

Friday, February 29, 2008

Skywatch

These are some fun skywatch pictures. The picture above (I know the quality isn't very good)
was taken this week while my husband and I were in Austin, Texas. Those little flutters in the picture are bats. This is the largest urban bat colony in the world. They live in the cracks of the bridge and every night you can watch them fly out to search for food. It was so cool. R took video of them which turned out pretty good. I'm going to try and post it in DropShots later. Click on this link to view a partial video of the Bats. http://www.DropShots.com/tittlerl

And this is the sunset in my sideview mirror at 70mph.

21 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

These are lovely and warm! God bless.

dot said...

I can't imagine seeing all those bats. Yuck..they are as bad as buzzards. lol. You did good with the rear view mirror shot. I've tried it but never been successful.

Misty DawnS said...

Oh wow - these are wonderful!

Paulie said...

Both interesting and perfect for this!

Sharon said...

Bats!! Cool, I can't wait to see the video. Beautiful sunset, pretty good for going 70mph! Welcome home :)

Patty said...

I ran across a group of bats like that one time in Richmond Va...very strange to see so many. Both of your photos are very good.

FO - 2 said...

Bats!? Iiiiik...! ;)
Did they "scream"?
I`m looking forward to see the video.

Happy weekend! :)

Petunia said...

Bats! Cool!!! Two great shots for this weeks post!

Daniel J Santos said...

Excellent photos, the sunset color is fantastic.

Tom said...

I liked to have watched those bats... and the mirror at 70... ha! well done

Anonymous said...

Quite good and with warm colors in both of them. Well done.

Unknown said...

Beautiful sunset shot..

Miss Patti said...

i really like the second one

Nessa said...

Very cool. I love when people try to take shots from different perspectives.

Michele said...

Oh wow... look at all those bats!!
What a shot! It turned out quite well.
That sunset is beautiful with those copper warm colors... very nice.

Angie said...

Hi,
We get bats flying round our garden sometimes at dusk. It's fascinating watching them.Your photos are lovely,the sunset is beautiful.

Leslie: said...

These are beautiful photos. I tried to post yesterday but my computer was acting up. Sorry to be late. Have a great weekend!

Andree said...

bats ! that is so cool that you were able to get them like that. Fabulous! My SWF is here. Thank you.

Andrea said...

Great shots. The bats are iinteresting.

Kerri Farley said...

Wow...A Beautiful Sunset! I think Bats are Pretty Neat too!

Luiz Santilli Jr said...

A sky at the window, beautiful!

Luiz

Here we are

Here we are
Ron and Linda

Followers