Sharing glimpses and memories for all to enjoy

Verse of the Day

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com
Ron&Linda's items Go to Ron&Linda's photostream

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Banana Bread

This is my husband's new favorite - "Banana Bread" Baked with no wheat or yeast, both of which he is allergic. It is delicious, if I do say so myself.

8 comments:

Sharon said...

Mmmm...I love banana bread!

Lissa said...

Looks great! Clever picture.

dot said...

Are you saying no flour? It really looks good.

Leslie: said...

I'd love that recipe because with no wheat it'd be good for me. Glad you popped over to my site and come on over any time! :D

Linda said...

The Product I use is by "Pamela's Products" which is an All Natural Wheat-Free & Gluten-Free Baking & Pancake Mix. I buy it from a Health Food Store it is kind of expensive but worth every penny - if your wheat/yeast sensitive.
The recipe for the Banana Bread is on the back of the container. She also has a website that you can visit for more recipes: www.pamelasproducts.com
Here is the recipe for the Banana Bread:
4 TBSP Butter, melted (I use light butter)
2 eggs beaten
1-3/4 cups Pamela's Mix
1/2 tsp salt (I don't use)
1/2 cup sugar or honey (I use spenda)
1 cup bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup nuts (optional)

Beat together butter, sugar or honey and bananas. Add remaining ingredients and mix together. Pour into large greased loaf pan Bake in a preheated oven 350 for 1 hour, or when toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Enjoy!

Linda said...

oops that should of been
Splenda

Linda said...

oops again - add the eggs with the butter, sugar and bananas

Hopefully, that was my last oops!

Andrea said...

It looks delicious. We have a friend who is allergic to wheat. He says if he eats wheat it gets quite interesting and then he laughs. Well, he and his wife invited us to go out to eat with them. We were quite nervous he would bite into something he was not aware of biting into. His wife keeps medication on hand at all times just in case.

Here we are

Here we are
Ron and Linda

Followers