Sharing glimpses and memories for all to enjoy

Verse of the Day

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com
Ron&Linda's items Go to Ron&Linda's photostream

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Skywatch

For more skywatch pictures
Took this picture of an old dead tree yesterday at the park. When my daughter saw the picture she said that it looked like the mast on a ship. Upon further observation, I agreed with her.

14 comments:

Carletta said...

It really does remind one of a mast! Great eye - nice image!

dot said...

Beautiful picture and it reminds me of places I've been in the south.
I love the spanish moss but I was always told to be careful with it because it's full of red bugs.

Andrea said...

Intersting shot.

Yeah, I am back. I took some time off from blogging and while I was at it I took a trip to Gulf Shores. Now making plans for a trip to the mountains to see the fall leaves.

Dina said...

Sail on. It DOES look like a mast. But kind of ghostly. Like you'd expect the Ancient Mariner to be under it.
Shalom from land-locked Jerusalem.

Anne-Berit said...

Great shot,not very often I see trees like that.

Michele said...

OH WOW.. that is super neat! I like this picture... you are right... it definitely does resemble a ship's mast. Very good photograph!
~Michele~

FO - 2 said...

WOW!
This is a great capture!
Well done! :)

Gretchen said...

Looks like a man doing the disco to me. :)

SaraG said...

Very cool photo!

Lissa said...

Hmmmm, I thought the same thing. :)

SandyCarlson said...

That moss is just amazing! What a great shot. God bless.

Leslie: said...

It does! What an incredible looking tree! Great photo...:D

Arija said...

Like the Flying Dutchman with tatterd sail doomed to sail the seas forever.... wonderful picture with the tree swathed in that lichen like plant draping it like cobwebs.

PERBS said...

Definitely! What a great catch!!!!!

Here we are

Here we are
Ron and Linda

Followers