Tonight, I'm thankful for the moon. To give light in the night. How grateful to have the light of the moon, when your city, town or neighborhood is dark without power.
My thoughts and prayers over the past several days have been with those who were in the path of Hurricane Ike. Being a Floridian, I understand that you can't stand against storms like this and win. I am thankful, however that the area we live in hasn't suffered a direct hit from anything greater than a cat one. I was nine years old and can still remembering the flooding, trees snapping and power outages. I can't imagine the devastation of losing your home and other personal assets. And even greater than those personal assets are those who have lost loved ones. Even though, I don't know them personally my heart goes out to them.
But there is hope, Our God in heaven cares for you and me. As a Christian, He doesn't promise us that life will be easy. However, He does promise that He will be there with you, through the storm.
May you feel His loving arms wrap around you in whatever storm you may be in.
6 comments:
Very beautiful!!
What a caring post. . .
Oh my... what a truly beautiful post...
Many hugs to you!
This is beautiful. Thank you for this.
What a lovely post!
I have a friend on the coast of Texas that I know now is ok and safe.
You have a warm heart my friend.
Beautiful and so true!
Post a Comment