Today while waiting for updates on Tropical Storm "Fay" I decided I would take a drive down to the beach to view the approaching storm for myself. Here are just a few of my pictures.
The top photo was taken looking toward the North and the bottom was looking south. You can see the difference in the sky with the storm approaching from the south. An ominous looking sky.
I don't think you can see them, but there were actually people out in the water. Only one word for that "dumb".

The Pier was closed, so I couldn't walk out on it.
This picture is the Pole that gives you a visual of the storms surge heights.
I must say I found my adventure today quite exhilarating. Jumping in and out of my car between rain bands, standing on the shore watching the ocean churn, and the wind literally blowing me sideways. I should of been a storm chaser! All this because I didn't want to be bored today.
13 comments:
Jealous I am.
You are totally nuts but the pictures are great. I'll say it once again - you've become a weather paparazzi!
You are a brave soul! Great shots! Go to the Weather Channel.com website, and they have a Weather Warriors email address where you can submit photos related to the effects of TS Fay. Who knows...they might show it!
Linda, that sounds like fun and you really got some good pictures. My husband and I saw one of those surge poles in Brunswick a few years ago and we found it hard to believe. We decided we didn't want to be around there when a storm came.
You captured some great images in the midst of dealing with the possibility of Fay! You are brave, to be sure.
I love that third view, but I can just feel the exhileration you felt from looking at your pictures.
These are beautiful shots!
Actually I enjoyed all the shots I saw scrolling down your blog - very nice!
Thanks for stopping by and seeing my deer pics today.
WOW! That is some storm - look at those whitecaps! Great sequence of photos!
Amazing photos. Do people really swim in that and come out alive?!!
I think I am glad that we have only ordinary bad weather!
Thank you for the kind comment!
You captured some beautiful shots. The waves look scary. I wish we would get some rain from the storm but looks like if we do it will just be a little since the storm turned. At one point they were predicting it would go in our area. Hold tight and be careful.
and you made it interesting for all of us too! I especially was intrigued with the colored pole for measure of warnings.
I'm glad that pier was closed! Yikes, I wouldn't have wanted you to walk out on that!!
You have some great pics here!!
Post a Comment