Sharing glimpses and memories for all to enjoy

Verse of the Day

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com
Ron&Linda's items Go to Ron&Linda's photostream

Monday, August 18, 2008

Finally

I was inspired by Sharon's butterfly pictures. I've been trying to get some good butterfly pictures. I see them everyday in my yard, but I apparently don't have the flowers that they prefer. Today, as I left my house to go visit my parents I picked up my camera with the intent of hunting one of the Hurricane Flood Poles in the area. When I arrived at mom and Dads, right beside the driveway on the Lantana were a couple of butterflies. So, I was able to take a few pictures. Needless to say, I didn't make it to any of the Hurricane Poles. Maybe tomorrow I'll try again.

8 comments:

dot said...

You did it! Perfect shot!!

Sharon said...

That is an AWESOME shot! It is so hard to catch those Black swallowtails, they are hardly ever still! Great :)

Mike's Travels said...

You captured it well!

Lissa said...

I saw one of those in my yard this week too. Of course, it flew away when I walked out the front door. Remember the swallowtail buterfly I found in 4th grade for that science project?

Rose said...

This is a great capture...maybe one of these days I will have the success some of you have had...until then I can dream.

April said...

Beautiful butterfly photo and pretty yellow flowers!

Paulie said...

Oh! That is gorgeous on those flowers!!!!!!!! I was wondering if it was some kind of swallowtail because of the dots on the perimeter of the wings. A comment answered it for me.

Kerri Farley said...

Oh this is Fabulous! I'm so happy you were able to capture one! You should frame this...it is gorgeous!!

Here we are

Here we are
Ron and Linda

Followers