Sharing glimpses and memories for all to enjoy

Verse of the Day

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com
Ron&Linda's items Go to Ron&Linda's photostream

Friday, August 22, 2008

Skywatch

This is the tower of the Red Cross Life Guard station at the beach. We've been getting pounded with rain and wind from Tropical Storm Fay over the last few days. Last night and today have been the worst of our weather as the storm finally moved on shore. I'm posting this quickly between power outages. Scroll on down and view some of the pictures of the ocean I took.
For more skywatch visit http://skyley.blogspot.com/

27 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Lovely shot of the lighthouse with those stormy skies behind it. Great photo!

Rune Eide said...

It seems you are for it. I'll postpone posting some pictures of the beautiful blue sky we have at the moment... ;-)

Tommy said...

Nice post and great SWF Photo

Carletta said...

This is a really nice shot!

Your storm picks below are swesome!

Hope all is well there. Stay safe.

Patty said...

Great shot and I love all the storm photos in the previous post!

Berit T said...

Great photo!!

And i like tour all your storm-photos!! They are amazing.

Anonymous said...

I looked at all your pictures. They are good ones for the conditions you are working under. My son lives in Jupiter and he said they have been getting some rain.

Tina Coruth said...

Great shot!

SandyCarlson said...

That is a marvelous view! The red cross on it is such a wonderful comfort. I hope you are well.

sonia a. mascaro said...

Nice photo!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Gramma L: What a beautiful view of the lighthouse. Hope you are safe from the damage.

Ellyn said...

Great light house. love it.

irish daisies said...

great shot for sw!

Anonymous said...

Love the light house! Great shot for SWF. Nice weekend:)

Kelly said...

Great photo! I'm glad you got your post in before another power outage hit...hope you guys are safe and it passes over quickly. We've had a lot of rain too! yukkk...

Mary said...

a beautiful lighthouse, but a nasty storm -- hope you are staying dry. :)

Paulie said...

Must be an interesting place to work -- certainly a great looking station for the Red Cross!

Stay safe!

I also posted a comment on two others below.

Ramosforest.Environment said...

Beautiful shot.

Lissa said...

Saw on the news this morning where the wind finally ripped the flag off.

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

wow! I'm not going to complain about our rain today!

Marie said...

Beautiful shot!

dot said...

I love this shot! Hope it doesn't get too bad there. We are hoping for some of that rain.

Mike's Travels said...

Hope you're safely tucked up inside :)

Arija said...

Your Skywatch photo is great, but your storm pics are stunning. How did you take the one under the pier, by hanging up-side down from the planks? Just great and scary as well.

Kerri Farley said...

Oh a perfect shot for SWF! I hope Fay didn't do too much damage in your area!!! We were hoping for some rain from it...but alas nothing came our way. We are SO DRY here!

Louise said...

Have loved all the "Fay" pictures this week. What a storm!

Shirley Fyfe said...

Fantastic photo! Love the contrast between the sky and the lighthouse!

Thanks for stopping by my blog too!

Here we are

Here we are
Ron and Linda

Followers