A Day after TS Fay has moved west the ocean calms and the blue skies are returning. I returned to the ocean today to take pictures of some of the same places I had been before.
Friday was a tumultuous day to say the least. It rain all day and the wind was strong. Threats of tornado's kept me close to home. She was only a "Tropical Storm" they say, but I certainly don't want to experience anything stronger. Fay did her own thing and kept the weather forecasters in awe as she sat stationary for days, dropping unprecedented amounts of rain causing epic flooding in varies parts of the city and state. This storm has affected our entire state is some way or another. As I write this we are still getting a few rain bands even though the storm has traveled all the way into the Pan handle of Florida, with bands reaching Georgia and Alabama.
Thanks go out to all those workers that worked continuously through the storm providing news updates, restoring power, phone and cable service. And we must not forget those who stood ready to help if needed such as the police, firefighters, Red Cross, National Guard and many others.
In my immediate realm of family and friends everyone has weathered the storm with only minor inconveniences. However, across the state of Florida there have been about 11 deaths so far, related in some way to this storm. My thoughts and prayers go out to those families.
9 comments:
What a difference a day makes!
I really love the angle of the Life Guard Station in this photo as opposed to your Sky Watch one.
Glad things are settling down.
Thanks for visiting my Camera Critters post today.
Gramma L: So glad your safe and the Florida weather is beautiful again. Your ocean view is certainly beautiful.
Poinient post. Throughout Fay's visit I kept thinking of the song, "Praise You in this Storm". Regardless of where we are, God is still God.
Amen Sister, Amen.
And I was griping because we had rain for my camping trip. Lots of it on the night/morning of the day we headed home so really wasn't that bad.
I am glad you are safe!
Nice to see that all went well. Now the beach looks worth visiting :-)
I enjoyed that post! I am glad Fay is a tropical storm and Florida is smiling again.
God bless!
My mother said it was sunny at her house in LA today but very windy. We are finally getting some rain from the storm!
Amen! I am so thankful that it was not worse. So many people are still without power though, bless them!
Post a Comment