Sharing glimpses and memories for all to enjoy
Verse of the Day
Check these out
Flickr Photostream
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Poor Sunflower
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Here we are
Ron and Linda
Followers
Fellow Bloggers
- A little piece of me
- A Step at a time (Nancy)
- Alan
- Andrea's Thought of the Day
- Anna Carson Photography
- Carla
- Carletta
- Debbie
- Erin
- For the Love of Benches Continued
- Just Plain Sweet
- Live Out Loud
- Michelle
- Pat
- Paulie
- Rocky Mtn Retreat (Michele)
- SKYWATCH
- Strolling through Georgia
- TeamRoam
- The Hentz Family
- The Pedalogue
- This I do...
7 comments:
Oh dear... I remember planting them one day in my garden one summer and I forgot where I had planted them and when I went to weed my garden I, too, also pulled them the majority of them out as I thought they were weeds as well... sigh....
lol I say try again because they are great flowers and make great pictures......
I would try again! They are lovely flowers and the goldfinch LOVE them!!
I never had much luck with them but I think YOU should try again!
Linda..I've been wanting to come by you blog since I always enjoy the nice comments you leave on mine.Now that I have found your blog I will visit with you.I have never grown a sunflower.Our grandson brought home some sunflower seeds from school towards the end of the school year.A local garden club provides them and wants the rising first graders to plant them.There is a contest towards the beginning of the second grade to see who can bring in the biggest sunflower head.Sorry to say we haven't planted the sunflower seeds.Wonder if it is too late to plant them now?
Did you go to DC? We were there in May.I love the picture of The Washington Monument.
Thanks for the suggestions regarding Disney World and the heat.I keep my hair shorter during the summer.Just got a hair cut and planned it so that I will get another hair cut just before we leave for Disney World.We were there years ago in early June and the weather wasn't too hot yet.I know it will be in August.Having lived in the DC area,Atlanta and St.Louis I know all about heat and humidity.
Go for it! My suggestion? Plant the seeds in a biodegradable container inside and when they are big enough, transplant them outside. Of course let them get acclimated to the heat gradually. :)
I am sorry. As dry as it is here, things are not growing good for us. Our vegetable garden is not looking like much hope. But praise God, we had 4/10th's of an inch of rain today and a better chance tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday. So maybe?
Post a Comment