Sharing glimpses and memories for all to enjoy

Verse of the Day

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com
Ron&Linda's items Go to Ron&Linda's photostream

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I prefer the ground

Some people just love the thrill of an exhilarating roller coaster ride. But as for me and my honey, lets just say we like our feet firmly planted on the ground!

12 comments:

Andrea said...

When I was a teenager I remember getting of the Scream Machine at Six Flags Over Georgia and runing to get back in line. As I aged and became wiser, I feet stay on good ole USA ground.

Linda said...

Amen, sister, amen. I did ride the scream machine as a senior in high school - we went to Six Flag, Stone Mountain, and Underground Atlanta. The only reason I rode it was due to the urging of my friends. That was my first and last time.

Michele said...

Sheesh, I don't like rides at all. I remember going on one as a dare when I was a little girl and it was the most devasting experience of my life... I prayed the whole time I was on it... it was so scary. I don't like rides like that anymore because of that experience.

dot said...

I don't get on those things either. I don't want to have a HEART ATTACK! That's a beautiful shot of the roller coaster tho. Now the bumper cars...that's the one I like.

Michelle said...

Bring 'em on! My hubby and I love to ride them! He will ride them over and over and over. Me-just once, get my stomach back, and go again. Now, the tea cup ride (spinning round & round)...don't get me on that one!!

Lilli & Nevada said...

I agree i prefer the ground as well, but nice shot

Lissa said...

I'm with Michelle! I love the roller coasters but always need time to recover afterward. Of course, right now, I'm banned from them - preggie's aren't allowed! :)

Katney said...

Some years ago, before grandchildren, we took our whole crew to a theme park for a last big family together outing. We divided, regrouped and divided for various activities. DH adn I rode a roller coaster. When we regrouped I had to do it again with the kids watching because they didn't believe I would do it.

April said...

A very beautiful picture of the roller coaster high in the sky. I wouldn't want to be upside down on one though. Many thanks for visiting earlier.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Great capture! I can almost hear the screams.

Alan said...

I'm not a big fan either, and to think - I wanted to be a fighter pilot/astronaut until I was around 16 years old. My problem is not being in control, though - if I'm driving I'm ok, but if I'm not running the ship, I get a bit queasy. :-/

Jerez / Sherry /Eve2.0 said...

Been there done that, omg, only once!!

Great view, better than mine was! lol

Here we are

Here we are
Ron and Linda

Followers