Sharing glimpses and memories for all to enjoy

Verse of the Day

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com
Ron&Linda's items Go to Ron&Linda's photostream

Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Eagle has landed

While traveling back home this week on I-95 my eye was drawn to this nest. As we passed by it at about 70mph, I said to my husband "Look at that nest I see 2 eagles." So my husband (sweet man that he is) said "You want to go back and get a picture." So we did - you know drive to the next exit turn around go back to the last exit turn around and come back. So here we are (I only saw one this time) taking pictures as best we could from the car on the side of I-95 with Semi's rocking the car as they went past us. When you look close it appears to be eating, I was able to get these picture when he looked up. Pictures are a little blurred, but that's the best I could get.

7 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

Your husband is like my husband, Linda! That's great he swung round so you could get these fabulous shots.

There is a place in heaven for the spouses of people with digital cameras. Their department is right alongside memory cards and rechargeable batteries!

Lissa said...

Awesome! Makes me laugh after seeing the photo at church today of all the eagles in Alaska getting into the garbage! :)

Paulie said...

No wonder you "kept" him for 33 years! That he would do that with the price of gas is a double blessing! What a sweet guy! I can understand why you wanted to get the photos -- we have some eagles nesting places here and sometimes catch sight of them too.

Lilli & Nevada said...

What a guy and what a great catch that is remarkable to see that at 70 mph. Talk about Eagle Eyes.

Kerri Farley said...

Wow! Great capture...and an exciting experience!!

Michele said...

Wonderful photo... And that's exactly what my husband would have said... and he would've done the same thing, taken all the steps necessary to get back to the same spot! Again, awesome shot of the nest!

Andrea said...

When we go to Florida we always go through a place that has an eagle in it's nest on a pole like that. My husband will not slow down enough for me to capture the eagles nest though. MEN!!!!

Here we are

Here we are
Ron and Linda

Followers