Ronnie and I took these pictures last year. This was two years after Hurricane Katrina hit Gulfport Mississippi. The first picture is of a front stoop in a yard.The house still had not been rebuilt. We saw this one after another. So sad, they said some of the homes will never be rebuilt because of insurance companies refusal to pay. The second picture is of the pier which still had not been repaired. All along the beach were signs saying "Beach Closed". Just a reminder, be sure to listen to the officials when they say to prepare and leave when necessary.

5 comments:
That is so sad. I sure hope you all are spared this year, even as I heard that it might be the worst year yet.
Thanks for coming by to see my darling little Eden's latest photos. She's starting to get a real personality now.
IT was a sad time for sure for many, isn't it amazing how you pay for insurance and then you have to fight with them to get it
A sad tiem for many and the sadness lingers in their helplessness.
Last year we went to Creole, LA. to visit family. We saw a lot of the destruction Hurricane Rita left behind. It is so sad how a storm can leave such devastation. And to talk to the people who survived it yet lost their homes, they are so grateful for their lives even though they lost their belongings.
When I visit my mother in LA I still see occasional storm damage but I'm sure nothing like what you saw.
Post a Comment