Sharing glimpses and memories for all to enjoy

Verse of the Day

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com
Ron&Linda's items Go to Ron&Linda's photostream

Monday, July 23, 2007

Mimosa Tree

I took this picture during my recent trip to Mississippi. It is a Mimosa Tree. I hadn't seen these trees in a long time, as I remember there was some kind of blight that killed them. I guess they are coming back now. The trees were everywhere and it brought back memories of my sister S and I playing in these trees when we were growing up. There were two large trees on the side of our yard and we played in them all the time. We made believe that the little pink flowers were people and we made houses in the trees. This was before the days of " Little People" etc., that children now have to play with. We had such imaginations. If we had only known, we could of patented the idea and who knows where we would be now. So pay attention to those little imaginations of your kids, they could be very valuable.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

This is my absolute favorite tree! I have been looking for a good one to photograph, there are a lot out here.

Linda said...

I hadn't noticed any of these until our trip and today I saw one in a yard on my way home. I agree, it is a lovely tree.

Lissa said...

I wondered what the significance of that tree was.

Here we are

Here we are
Ron and Linda

Followers