Sharing glimpses and memories for all to enjoy

Verse of the Day

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com
Ron&Linda's items Go to Ron&Linda's photostream

Monday, September 1, 2008

Today's Flowers #4

To participate in Today's Flowers visit Luiz

In the late spring I planted some sunflower seeds in hopes of having beautiful flowers to attract, butterflies, bees, birds, etc. As they began to grow my husband thought they were weeds and cut them down. So I planted seeds again, they never sprouted. I think the squirrels must of eaten them. So finally, I put some seeds in little planters and waited for them to grow. Success at last. I actually transplanted them during TS Fay and they survived. These are my first blooms. So when things are difficult just keep trying. It pays not to give up!

11 comments:

dot said...

Success at last! It's really pretty. Some things have to be protected from men on lawn mowers.

Linda said...

Amen, Sister, Amen!

EG CameraGirl said...

Tee hee. I'm glad you can see the humor in what happened and it's fantastic that you didn't give up. ;-)

Michele said...

This is beautiful! I love the little water droplets... it's a fantastic success! Wonderful. Congrats!

Day4plus said...

yNever say die! gardener. Good for you. The success of flowering Hydrangeas is the pruning. You can snip a little in the fall but the time to prune them is in the spring when you see new growth and prune just above said growth. When you prune back in the fall you prune away the new buds. they flower on old wood. Other than that I don't know. I hope this helps. MB

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Gramma L: Cute story and a great little Sunflower. The birds will thank you.

Sherry said...

So glad you finally got some flowers! :) Lovely post, and the flower is beautiful.

Carletta said...

Beautiful with the water drops!
Lovely addition to Today's Flowers.

Thanks so much for visiting mine today and for your wonderful comment.

PERBS said...

Absolutely gorgeous -- worth the wait!

Lissa said...

Woohoo! K will be thrilled when she see's them!

Luiz Santilli Jr said...

Gramma L

Wonderful flowers!
Great post!
Thanks for your support!
Hope you come back to TODAY'S FLOWERS every week.

Santilli

Here we are

Here we are
Ron and Linda

Followers