Sharing glimpses and memories for all to enjoy

Verse of the Day

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com
Ron&Linda's items Go to Ron&Linda's photostream

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Watching Tropical Storm Fay

Day 2 of waiting for Tropical Storm Fay bought us back to the beach for more pictures. All I can say is what a difference a day makes. If you scroll down to yesterdays post you can see for yourself the difference in the ocean. Today it was hard to even stand in order to get a picture. And the spray from the ocean made it really hard to get a clear picture and protect your camera from the sea, sand, rain, etc.
Waves pounding the pier.
Standing under the pier watching the waves roll/crash in.
Sea Oats are almost laying sideways.
This is where we parked to watch the waves roll in. The bottom picture was taken from inside the car so it isn't real clear. It was raining to hard to get out, but you can see the water rolling up.
Today was even more exhilarating than yesterday and you could definitely tell the difference in the intensity of the storm as it moves closer to us. I had a rain poncho on that the wind blew almost off, it was just hanging on my head. Anyway, we called it a day because the conditions were getting too rough for my skin. Traveled back across the intercoastal toward my side of town only to come home to no power. Which, because I forgot to take my child locks off my doors, I couldn't get my automatic door on the garage to open. Finally at about 9:45pm I'm back in my house with power.
Not sure what I'll do tomorrow.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Glad you finally got in :) You got some amazing shots, I especially like the one from under the pier.

Linda said...

That's my favorite one. It was so hard to take anything because of the wind and sea spray. My lens kept getting a film on it from the sea spray. Melissa took some video - its pretty funny!

Michelle said...

You are so brave! I have been inside my house since Tuesday afternoon. Me and bad storms just don't seem to get along that well!! :-)

Dewdrop said...

These are incredible shot. Wonderful how you have captured this landfall! Terrific shots!

Paulie said...

You are getting to be a regular storm chaser!

Here we are

Here we are
Ron and Linda

Followers