Then after 25 minutes the door opened as the fire department arrived. Thanks to S, who knew his wife, daughter and mother-in-law were some of those who were stuck. My granddaughter rushed to her Daddy (did I mention that she was one of the girls crying for the entire 25 minutes and a least 10 minutes after she got out of the elevator.) All of the adults including myself, held our composure while in the elevator, but did have a cry of relief as we were exiting. So far, to date I haven't been back in an elevator.
Sharing glimpses and memories for all to enjoy
Verse of the Day
Check these out
Flickr Photostream
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
ABC Wednesday "E" is for Elevator
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Here we are
Ron and Linda
Followers
Fellow Bloggers
- A little piece of me
- A Step at a time (Nancy)
- Alan
- Andrea's Thought of the Day
- Anna Carson Photography
- Carla
- Carletta
- Debbie
- Erin
- For the Love of Benches Continued
- Just Plain Sweet
- Live Out Loud
- Michelle
- Pat
- Paulie
- Rocky Mtn Retreat (Michele)
- SKYWATCH
- Strolling through Georgia
- TeamRoam
- The Hentz Family
- The Pedalogue
- This I do...
27 comments:
Now that's an experience I wouldn't want to have especially with 5 little girls...
I'm glad all ended well...
Hmmm I wonder when your granddaughter will enter an elevator again...
Was it complete darkness inside?? I was once stuck in an elevator in a power outage and it was so black we couldnt see a thing! And hot too! But we survived that one. Sigh.
I don't think so. She told everyone that day not to use the elevator. Thankfully, we had light and air.
What a scary thing to happen and I don't ENVY (another E I could not think of!) you in the least. Glad it all turned out well....here in Chicago, a mother/daughter cleaning crew got stuck for the weekend in an elevator...I can't imagine that.
What an interesting and scary E post!
Oh my! That is horrible. I'm glad it was over so quickly. Great E post!!
What a story! Glad you are all safe. . .
I didn't think of elevator and I live in an apt. building and take it daily several times! Come see what I chose.
What a great post for today! But NOT a great experience, for sure. I remember when I was in dorms at university, a bunch of us thought we'd jump up and down in the elevator for fun - well, you've got to know what happened! We ended up having to climb out and UP when the firemen finally rescued us. It IS scary, even for adults (and I use the word loosely for me at that time!) :D
Nice shiny elevator door, i really don't like riding in one
I wonder if that's an experience your granddaughter will remember. I don't blame you for not wanting to get into another elevator! (Not for a while, at least.)
Oh I hate elevators. Glad you are all ok. I think I would have been crying with the children.
Walking the stairs is more safe.... Frightening E.
I think I would have cried too,what a scary exsperiance.Glad you all are allright:o)
Hi RonLin
This is a good choice of E for ELEVATOR with ABCwednesday
Greetings and hav a great aBC day
JoAnn from Holland
That would be scary. That has been one of my biggest fears. Good E post.
Another E I considered .. and I even took pix of both the elevator at home and office .. went with another E as you'll see when you get to my Entry
I knew there was a reason I always take the stairs. What an experience, though it did give you an interesting E post. :-)
YIKES that was scarry...glad it ended well
you were so brave! I'd have been panicking with the little girls.
What an experience, and one I must say I wouldn't enjoy! But a happy ending.
So scary! This is a great E post with a story that ended well.
We have an old elevator in our old school building. I generally only use it when I have a load that I can't take up or down the stairs (a bookcart full of books or a computer and projecotr on a cart. Some kids got stuck in it once, but they were fooling around and tried to pull the doors open between floors. I don't know why they were even in there as the kids only use it if they are on crutches.
Phew! Was breaking out in a sweat here!
Phew!
A truly frightening experience. Terrible for the children, too.
Oh my word! What an experience. So glad it turned out okay.
Good news! K and I along with C all rode the same elevator tonight without incident. :)
I can't believe she and yourself for that matter got back in that elevator. Braver than me!! I'm taking the stairs.
Post a Comment