Sharing glimpses and memories for all to enjoy

Verse of the Day

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com
Ron&Linda's items Go to Ron&Linda's photostream

Friday, December 14, 2007

Baby Jesus

This is my oldest and most favorite Christmas decoration. R. and I bought this in our early years of marriage and all the pieces have survived except for one of the sheep, which I dropped this year. When my children were small they were always eager to put the Nativity out in a special place. It's been under the tree, on a table, on top of the TV, last year it was on the mantle and this year it's in the foyer. Looking back I suppose this is one of my favorite traditions with the children at Christmas. I realize it's just a symbol, but it helps me remember the true meaning of Christmas.


Pictures from Christmas 1984 of my little boy standing in front of the Nativity and holding Baby Jesus in the picture below. He's 5 years old in this picture, the same age as his son today.


2 comments:

Lissa said...

I remember that picture being taken!

Sharon said...

He hasn't changed much, just bigger ;)

Here we are

Here we are
Ron and Linda

Followers