Sharing glimpses and memories for all to enjoy

Verse of the Day

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com
Ron&Linda's items Go to Ron&Linda's photostream

Saturday, July 28, 2007

A year later

It's been a year since Mimmie went home to be with our Lord. I think of her often. Most of the time I'm just going about my day and there it is, a memory. I still hear her laugh and see her sweet smile. I am so grateful for all those memories. I still miss her!

After Mimmie went home, our son M felt inspired to do this drawing. In is own words...

"Dad, I don't feel like I'm the best artist in the world and I know this drawing is far from perfect, but it has been a joy because there were times when I was drawing Mimmie that I found myself smiling and hearing her laugh and I imagined what it must be like to be there with her. And through this I believe that some healing has taken place for me. So I hope that when you & whoever else looks at it, it may bring some joy and comfort as well! Love M"

4 comments:

Sharon said...

I was amazed when I saw that picture. I didn't know S, but he sure captured Mimmie. What a treasure that is, he is truly talented.

Allen said...

What a wonderful tribute to a wonderful Lady and Sister in Christ. It's hard to believe it's been a year. Thank you for reminding me of her laughter.

Debbie365 said...

I cannot believe it has been a year! I sure do miss her sweet smile. She was a very special lady, and I am so glad that we came back home to be able to have the joy to know her and to spend time with her.

Lissa said...

I was thinking about her a lot on Sunday night.

Here we are

Here we are
Ron and Linda

Followers